Dear Erasmus Student,
Welcome to Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences!
We look forward to meeting you and helping you become adjusted to the student life of our university.
Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, having over 80 years of history, is one of the oldest higher education institutions in Greece, with a great contribution to fostering and developing the social and political sciences. It is a University, firmly oriented towards the social nature of public higher education linking science and research to practical social activity with a view to maximising its contribution to society.
Panteion University is composed of 4 Faculties divided into 9 Academic Departments offering undergraduate as well as postgraduate and doctoral studies:
1. Faculty of International Studies, Communication and Culture:
- Department of International, European and Area Studies
- Department of Communication, Media and Culture
2. Faculty of Political Sciences:
- Department of Political Science and History
- Department of Social Policy
3. Faculty of Economic Sciences and Public Administration:
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Economic and Regional Development
4. Faculty of Social Sciences and Psychology:
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Social Anthropology
- Department of Psychology
Also, under the auspices of Panteion University, operate:
- 3 University Institutes,
- several laboratories contributing to the enhancement of courses
- 22 research centres
- the Student Welfare Department the Health care service
- Career Office
- the Library
- the Gym
- the Restaurant –Canteen
The basic Campus of Panteion University consists of three principal buildings:
- the Main (Administration) Building
- the New Building (Neoktisto Ktirio)
- M. Stasinopoulos Wing (Glass Mirror Building)
while more buildings hosting professors’ offices and seminar rooms are located in close proximity to the main campus.